Saturday, July 21, 2012

THIRTY

I haven't posted in awhile as we have been on vacation.  But.... I'VE LOST 30 POUNDS!  I hit the 30 pound mark exactly one month into my weight loss journey.  I was a bit nervous stepping on those scales given that I had been on vacation and off of my "normal" routine - combined with the issue of our elliptical machine being broken (yikes!!).

I really am feeling the difference in my overall energy level.  I enjoyed playing soccer and running around with my 4 year old this week --- I certainly have a long way to being "in shape", but I don't think  a month ago I would have had the same energy level to do these things.  I ran around with some little cousins at our family reunion today which was a lot of fun!

My short term goal was to lose 30 pounds before July 25th, when I turn 30, and I'm so happy to have met this goal! I still have a few days until my birthday, so hopefully I'll have lost a few extra pounds so I can realllllly enjoy my birthday cake!

I go back to my doctor's on September 10th.  I would love to lose another 10-15 pounds before I go back.

It has been very encouraging seeing friends and family this week that we haven't see for awhile and to hear the many compliments and acknowledgements that I had lost weight.  Thanks for reading and being an encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment